Friday, March 16, 2018

More #0neweek100people

Day 5 #oneweek100people by Meera Rao

Day 5 #oneweek100people by Meera Rao

So, I did it :) Sketched 100 people in one week - rather 7days!  On day 5 I had time to pull out my watercolors and paint the people freehand without pencil sketching them. I had done 50 by day 5 but had to put it aside and wait a couple of days before I could finish the rest. The ones below were done mostly in airports during a trip this past weekend.  I am especially tickled with them as they were all done in pen in my little (5x3") sketchbook - except the last batch of ten. No safety net of going for the eraser and I could not toss the ones that did not cut the mustard.  I learned to sketch fast, remember features or poses as my subjects were not always sitting or still :) Now I want to experiment with more color, brushes  and not just fine line pens. 

Day 6 #oneweek100people by Meera Rao

Day 6 #oneweek100people by Meera Rao


Day6 #oneweek100people by Meera Rao

Day6 #oneweek100people by Meera Rao

Day 7 #oneweek100people by Meera Rao

Day 6 #oneweek100people by Meera Rao


Day 7 #oneweek100people by Meera Rao
Day 7 #oneweek100people by Meera Rao 



8 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

How wonderful! Have a great weekend......

ashok said...

cool sketches Meera

padmaja said...

What a big world of different kind of people! Marvelous!

Sue Clinker said...

Wow, quite an achievement Meera. I'm embarrassed to say I have many sketchbooks at home but have never used them (I tend to give them to the Grand-daughters to draw in when they visit)! I know its a great way to improve one's freehand drawing skills and you've made a great job of these.

Meera Rao said...

Thank you, Carol :)

Meera Rao said...

Ashok, Thank you, :)

Meera Rao said...

Padmaja, thank you! the different people was what made sketching so fun and challenging :)

Meera Rao said...

Sue, thank you :)I have carried a sketch book with me almost all the time the past few years but not necessarily use it everyday. During my stays in India taking care of my mother-in-law, I was diligent about sketching everyday and saw the improvement. But it is hard to pull out book and sketch in public still. I too have pages in the sketchbook that is filled with my granddaughters' 'artwork'. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...