Thursday, October 11, 2012

Wheeling!

India Art Journal Sept 2 2012 By Meera Rao
 
 
India Art Journal Sept 3 2012 By Meera Rao
 
The idea is transportation whether it is an old man trying to move his wares on a bicycle or shiny two wheelers on sale, waiting to catch someone's fancy!  I am always in awe as to how many different kinds of vehicles share the road in India from fancy cars, various size trucks, buses, a fleet of all different kind two wheelers from bicycles, scooters, motorcycles, three wheel autorikshas, bullock carts, horse carriages and a few ingenious transformations of some kind of a motorized or other vehicles :) It is indeed a wonder the traffic moves at all!!! 
 
And a closer look at a tropical fruit and and a vegetable sketches from july that didn't get individual attention earlier :)  
 
 
India Art Journal July 7 2012 by Meera Rao
India Art Journal July 8 by Meera Rao  
I am having trouble cropping, sizing or otherwise editing my posts on the very moody computer here in India. Hope to correct a few of these quirkes when I get back to my own computer later in the month. Right now I am happy to be able to find the time to sketch and  share whatever I can of my adventures :)  

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your delightful artwork, and also like the way you notice little things, like the man with his motorbike, and the way you describe the scenes. It makes me feel I'm there too, for just a moment.

Lisa Graham said...

The loaded down bicycle is exactly what my husband raved about when he was in Bangalor two years ago. He was amazed by entire families of four riding around on motorcycles too. Great sketches as usual Meera!

padmaja said...

You can bring out a pictorial book named the "Essence of India", you have been able to practically cover a whole lot!Did you cover the Malleshwaram flower market/temples? What about tarkaari in gaadis?

Meera Rao said...

Thank you Katherine :) I am so glad you see it that way - it's such a pleasure to share my little sketches as it makes me feel connected to the artist community even as I am so far away and can only steal few minutes in my day to do some art all by myself !

Meera Rao said...

Lisa, your husband is right about his observations :) I am always amazed to see such sights too and I totally envy the ladies who zoom about in their motorcycles and scooters. I missed learning to operate those vehicles when I was growing up in India and now a bit terrified of dealing with the chaotic ( free spirited? ) traffic :(

Meera Rao said...

Padmaja, thank you- I just might steal that idea;) My list of ideas for sketches and my collection of photographs to jog my memory is thousand plus items long :( Right now actually I am itching to paint some bigger pieces and devote a bit more time and attention to each piece. Have to wait just a few more weeks for that luxury.

Krishna/കൃഷ്ണ said...

beautifully painted esp jack-fruit

thanks for sharing

Meera Rao said...

Thank you Krishna:) that particular jackfruit was especially tasty too !!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...