Friday, October 15, 2010

Determination and Perseverance

Chicago Maraton Runners  Digital photography

I remember reading a running poster that proclaimed " The race is not always to the swift, but to those who keep on running." (google search said it is by Nike). That was true this past Sunday in Chicago, as the temperatures soared to 90F during the marathon. Once again, I am extremely proud and in awe of my son and daughter-in-law, who despite the unseasonably hot day, ran and completed their second marathon! They ran, and we cheered - cutting across to various points along the course to catch up with them - at one point even taking a cab to beat them to the 21 mile marker :) - and of course, took too many photographs! 

7 comments:

Liza said...

We loved having you there! Your cheering pushed us through. I love this pic.
Love Liza

Hema Penmetsa said...

I'm not among the runners (or even walkers, sadly), but I know to appreciate perseverance when I see it in any shape or form. Members of my family run marathons tirelessly, too, year after year. So, I know what you mean, Meera!

Meera Rao said...

Liza, Thank you - it was lots of fun! Like I said we are so proud of both of you! And you kicked butt :)

Hema, Thanks! yeah -I am in awe of their stamina and determination - I am happy to bask in the reflected glory :)

padmaja said...

This determination and perseverance will surely carry them forward anf high in their lives too.. feel happy for you Meera!

Meera Rao said...

Thanks Padmaja -- yes they are very hard working and determined gentle souls :)

Crystal Cook said...

Well congratulations to your son and daughter in law! That is amazing! And I love that quote too.

Meera Rao said...

Thanks Crystal!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...